• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland

  • If you are a family member of an EU/EEA national, please note that, on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC and relevant Polish regulations you might enjoy travel facilitations.



    For the purpose of the Directive 2004/38/EC family member means:

    • spouse
    • direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the spouse
    • dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse


    To enjoy travel facilitations, you need to be accompanying or joining the EU/EEA citizen, whose family you are a member of, in Poland.


    If you are a family member within the meaning of the Directive and you need an entry visa to travel with the EU/EEA citizen or join them, you have to book visa appointment first.

    To do so, click the following link:


    On the day of your appointment at the Consular Section of the Polish Embassy in the Hague please submit the following documents:


    • Completed and signed visa application form, after registration at:
    • Your valid passport - it should be valid for at least three months from the date of the planned departure from Poland or the Schengen area, it should contain at least two blank pages and it should have been issued within the last ten years
    • One biometric photograph
    • Dutch residence permit,
    • Passport of your EU/EEA spouse - for verification purpose only
    • Original marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of dependency, serious health grounds respectively - they should be in English or Polish. Translations should be certified by the Polish Embassy or sworn translator registered in Poland. Marriage certificates contracted outside the EU should bear apostille or legalization stamp from the Polish Embassy.
    • Proof that you accompany or join EU/EEA citizen, whose family you are a member of, in Poland


    Visas for family members of EU/EEA nationals are issued free of charge.


    Legal basis:


    • Regulation No 810/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of July 13th, 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code)
    • The Directive 2004/38/EC  is implemented into Polish law by the Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of nationals of the European Union Member States and their family members (Journal of Laws of 2017, Item 900, consolidated text)
    • Act on foreigners of December 12th, 2013 (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1990)
    • Act of June 25th, 2015 – Consular law (Journal of Law of 2017, Item 1545 with amendments)


    Please note:


    Stay in Poland for a period longer than three months require registration at a Local Governor’s Office (Urzad Wojewodzki).

    Polish Family Code of 1964 does not recognise same sex marriages nor registered partnership. Consequently, same sex partners as well as opposite sex partners are not treated as family members for the purpose of entering Poland. They are required to apply for an entry visa before travelling to Poland as they are not covered by the travel facilitations under relevant regulations.

    Print Print Share: